* This progesterone that the SuperGyno prescribed for me is very effective at neutralizing my PMS, but it has the side effect of making my skin oilier, which means I am getting more acne. More acne is something I do not need, now that I’m 42 and my frown lines have become pronounced. It should be wrinkles OR acne, not both. Have I already forgotten what it’s like to have PMS? No. No, I have not. Will I therefore continue to take my progesterone? Yes. Yes, I will. But can I avoid complaining about my acne? No, I can’t, because it is unfair. [more frowning, more frown lines] It’s like nature doesn’t want women to be happy. Also, right before I started taking progesterone, I stocked up on facial care products for combination-dry skin (which is what I used to have), and now I guess I have to go out and buy a different line. It’s like nature doesn’t want me to save money either.
* I strongly suspect that some of the “laundry” my husband brought back from his business trip was not laundry at all but clean, unworn clothes that he couldn’t be bothered to separate from his dirty clothes. This is something his son also does when he’s cleaning his room. (“If I don’t feel like putting it away, it must need to be washed.”) This would bother me less if I didn’t already have so much necessary laundry. A few additional articles shouldn’t make that much difference, but the resentment builds. Fortunately, I don’t take it out on anybody.
OR WILL I????
* Every time I clear off the coffee table, people dump more crap on it. Then my husband complains that there’s crap all over the coffee table, and I’m the only one who cares that he complains. Incidentally, there is crap all over my coffee table as I type this.
* I can’t think of a single thing I want to eat for dinner, let alone make for dinner. This is a rerun, isn’t it? How many times have I typed this sentence in this space? Too bad it isn’t like a TV show going into syndication. I don’t get royalties or anything for typing it. I don’t even get dinner ideas.
* I’ve eaten so many peanut butter and jelly sandwiches to combat my ennui that I have gotten tired of eating peanut butter and jelly sandwiches. I never get tired of eating peanut butter and jelly sandwiches, and yet I just have. It makes me wonder what will happen next. Obviously not starvation. FATAL ENNUI, PERHAPS???
* I have to go pick up Princess Zurg from school. Yeah, that’s bugging me. Because I don’t want to get off the couch, but I can’t drive the car and sit on the couch at the same time.