1. The only thing less comfortable than sleeping in the same bed with a young child is taking a nap on the couch with a young child. This is mostly because the young child isn’t usually asleep during these “napping” sessions. But then again, neither am I.
2. The orthodontist told me that at the end of this adventure in tooth manipulation, I will be able to chew better than I ever have in my life, but so far I only feel like I chew worse. I wonder when this will start to change.
2a. On a side note, I think these braces look awesome. I’m going in on Thursday to have the wires put on my back teeth, and I will be able to have the bands changed. I am leaning toward going with all dark blue this time. But we’ll see.
3. I haven’t been paying a lot of attention to the Charlie Sheen thing because I don’t watch television. I imagine his saga is hard to avoid if one does watch television. I did take the “Charlie Sheen or Qaddafi” quiz, followed by the “Charlie Sheen, Qaddafi or Glen Beck” quiz. (It is easy to tell the difference if you bear in mind that Qaddafi makes the most sense. At least when it comes to out-of-context quotes.) I also read the Charlie Sheen quotes set to New Yorker cartoons; I preferred the Charlie Sheen Family Circus, but almost anything is funnier if you pair it with the Family Circus. But anyway, I was listening to one of my podcasts this morning, and they were playing excerpts from Charlie Sheen’s new internet program, or whatever he’s got going on right now, and I have come to the conclusion that this Charlie Sheen thing isn’t funny, or at least it shouldn’t be. This cat is more than just high. Clearly he has some kind of mental illness which we are exploiting for our entertainment. We should all be ashamed. Or at the very least, ashamed that we are not ashamed.
3a. On a side note, it is sad when people lose their jobs, so I hope the cast and crew of “Two and a Half Men” (at least the sane members) are working again soon. That said, how long has this show been on the air? Isn’t the kid full-grown now? At some point, shouldn’t they have started calling it “Three Whole Men”?
4. I seem to have a talent for going to the grocery store when it is raining hardest, and coming home and putting the groceries away just before it finally lets up. Too bad that isn’t marketable.
5. I have to pick my son up from school now. This is all you get now.